We have successfully settled 3 cards on our our own, and are surprisingly having the hardest time with Amex (I have read they are fairly easy). Prior to the financial crisis of 2008, American Express was not a bank like most other major credit card issuers (such as Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, etc. 2. I offered a settlement of 50%. I am And I had the Gold Card before and AMEX took my 37000points when I couldn pay the card on time. 13. The Card has no annual fee, and comes with a competitive 0.00% APR for the first 6 months of cardmembership, and then prime plus 6.00%. Pay in Full each account at 100% - and get an Amex - OPTIMA Credit Card My question: 1. Visa ® and Interac Cards carried by your customers, as well as to the independent Card Issuers of American Express ®/Optima ,® JCB ® and Discover.® The Operating Procedures focus primarily on the MasterCard, Visa and Interac Card Organizations’ operating rules and regulations, and seek to provide you with the principles for a sound Card … The Card has no annual fee, and comes with a competitive 0.00% APR for the first 6 months of cardmembership, and then prime plus 6.00%. 3. And you DID get answers. Funny thing is after I paid the balance on the closed platinum card, they offered me an AMEX Optima card with a 1,500.00 limit, well you know what I told them about their so called offer. American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business ... As for the Optima card, I have already sent in the application. From past year out of no where "American express global collection" has been contacting me to collect this debt. Prior to the financial crisis of 2008, American Express was not a bank like most other major credit card issuers (such as Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, etc. If you Copyright © 2020 DebtConsolidationCare | 301 W. 11th Street Unit E, Reno, NV, 89503, United States, I have 3 cards with Amex - all 3 charged off - all charged off 2 years back -- all in Collection with NCO, Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums. Find the card you want (not the one you already have) and click Apply for an Upgrade. Every Credit Card with no annual fee comes with services you’d expect from American Express. My application for the new Optima Card "Will" be approved unless I have filed for bankruptcy, do not make the payment required, or have an existing open American Express … PO Box 297813. E; Petition, Attach. American Express Membership Rewards. American Express will not consider a settlement unless your account is past due, and the longer your account is delinquent, the better settlement you may be able to get. I have They are designed to discuss options, why aren't you just calling AMEX and asking The American Express Optima card, offered by invitation only, is for consumers that have defaulted and settled an outstanding balance on another Amex card. Settle each account for approx 50% balance and ask them to report - paid in full. I did receive the American Express Optima Card as well. has given you the options...there is NO A class action suit alleging unfair and misleading billing practices was filed against American Express on behalf of its Optima credit card holders. From fraud protection to 24/7 customer support, there’s help at hand whether you’re at home or away. When it comes to settlement with American Express, there are some specific facts about this creditor that you should be aware of. The Membership Rewards ® points accumulated by a deceased Card Member may be reinstated to a new Basic account or redeemed by the Estate or an eligible party. Loans. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. When it comes to settlement with American Express, there are some specific facts about this creditor that you should be aware of. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages. I This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Will paying in full effect my credit report? Shop Credit Cards Balance Transfer Cards Reward Cards Travel Cards Cash Back Cards 0% APR Cards Business Cards Cards for Bad Credit Cards for Fair Credit Secured Cards Search Credit Cards. 2. Did some research online and this card has almost no information available on American Express website or the web in general. negotiations. The amount which the consumer saves with the use of debt relief services can be regarded as taxable income. I have 3 cards with Amex - all 3 charged off - all charged off 2 years back -- all in Collection with NCO I am very happy with this card. Upgrade bonuses come and go, and vary from person to person. If you've fallen behind on your American Express bill or are simply tired of throwing away money each month on interest and fees, debt settlement may be one option for eliminating your debt quickly. They take a long time to settle. Another part of this settlement was the requirement that they offer pre-approval to one of their cards (to be determined by them). I have an american express credit card. Settlement with Amex requires steel nerves and precision timing, and is best handled via a customized full service approach. 1. When negotiating credit card debt with American Express, it's in your best interest to know exactly what you're dealing with. They may have a different deal now. When negotiating credit card debt with American Express, it's in your best interest to know exactly what you're dealing with. Compare American Express credit cards. If you've received an offer letter from them and want Should I "Pay in … 2. My question: First, they used to call , now sending me settement offers in mail. received letters in the mail - but before i call them - i wanted to get They refused to take the settlement and said that I can't pay off the credit card and I can ONLY resume payments. American Express Credit Card Debt.Our New York debt relief attorney has been rated by Avvo as a Clients' Choice for 2015. 1. American Express offers world-class Charge and Credit Cards, Gift Cards, Rewards, Travel, Personal Savings, Business Services, Insurance and more. Apply online quickly and easily. Settle each account for approx 50% balance and ask them to report - paid in full. I would contact Chase and Citi and see if you can make an affortable payment plan or settlement. They will then insert a completely new account from American Express with the new card they send you. ). But if you ever want another card from them you have to pay the full amount. There is just a pre limit setting and there are no hidden fees etc. 5). They are not allowing me to pay off the credit card. I have had an outstanding debt with them for over a year now and they just offered a 50% discount to me. Debt relief services may have a negative impact on the consumer's creditworthiness and his overall debt amount may increase due to the accumulation of extra fees. Card 2 - $900 -- Charged Off From what I read online in other forums for people in similar situations but with different card offers. AMEX plays hard ball, they refused to settle at all with me two years ago. Find out how our firm may be able to provide a solution to your debt needs through a free case evaluation. The American Express Company (Amex) is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in New York City.The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. tăng thêm thu nhập cho các bạn từ việc kiếm tiền online thời đại 4.0, UNITE & FIGHT - Share Your Ideas on How Homeowners. So, find your Credit Card with no annual fee today and enjoy great benefits and the backing of American Express. “American Express Credit Card Company closed all my 5 credit cards ( 3 biz card + 2 personal card ) suddenly without any inquiry or conversation with me. All my information is a least one year old. Funny thing is after I paid the balance on the closed platinum card, they offered me an AMEX Optima card with a 1,500.00 limit, well you know what I told them about their so called offer. 14. Funny thing is after I paid the balance on the closed platinum card, they offered me an AMEX Optima card with a 1,500.00 limit, well you know what I told them about their so called offer. Determine what amount you plan to offer as a settlement. American Express Membership … There are only few experiences that are as unnerving as being on the receiving end of a phone call with a debt collector like American Express.Daily, people continue to receive calls from American Express and other debt collectors who are trying to get money from them. The Card has a 25 day grace period, and the option to pay over time. View All Business Credit Cards; Most Popular Business Credit Cards; Travel Business Credit Cards; ... About American Express; Investor Relations; Careers; Site Map; Contact Us; Products & Services Products & Services. They used to send two letters, the "pay in full and get the Optima card" letter followed 30 days later by a "pay 40% and we will consider it done with" letter. Credit Cards. You must log in or register to reply here. Card 1 - $500 -- Charged Off Card 2 - $900 -- Charged Off Card 3 - $4,500 -- Charged Off Based on the offer letters, I have 2 options: 1. The Card has a 25 day grace period, and the option to pay over time. My husband thinks that their reluctance has to do with the fact that we used the card (for an emergency) as late as November. Once you reach your goal, accept the settlement and take the deal off the table. I offered a settlement of 50%. It's … Settle each account for approx 50% balance and ask them to report - paid in full. you three. collectors - and even more apprehensive in negotiating Log in to your US American Express account, to activate a new card, review and spend your reward points, get a question answered, or a range of other services. aware of the Optima card if you pay in full, but I doubt they will give Wait until you're at least 120 days late and see what they offer. Bumping....OP....do not repost the exact same question. them? American Express offers world-class Charge and Credit Cards, Gift Cards, Rewards, Travel, Personal Savings, Business Services, Insurance and more. Pay in Full each account at 100% - and get an Amex - OPTIMA Credit Card Card 3 - $4,500 -- Charged Off You may send a written request to redeem the points to the following address: Membership Rewards Correspondence Unit. The Optima Platinum Card offers some of American Express' most extraordinary benefits. JavaScript is disabled. Do you think?? The Optima Gold card does not have an annual fee but has an interest rate determined by the number of American Express products a consumer has. full. this is very dissapointing ! Thanks a lot.... Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 03/19/2012 - 17:38, Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 03/19/2012 - 18:43, Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 09:58, Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 11:45, Sub: #5 posted on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 17:14, Sub: #6 posted on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 20:48, Sub: #7 posted on Thu, 03/22/2012 - 07:29. 1. In 1999, American Express introduced the Centurion Card, a black charge card aimed at the company's wealthiest cardholders. Stop excessive calls from American Express. @ TOMEASON...we were a few days away from getting the penalty interest rate, and were afraid we would never catch up after it was applied. Is it worth to go for Optima Card? 2. E, Ex. advice from the experts here - i am a little nervous about talking to Creditors/collection agencies can make collection calls and file lawsuits against the consumers represented by the debt relief companies. So i have charged off account of $900 with AMEX from 2013. You may send a written request to redeem the points to the following address: Membership Rewards Correspondence Unit. ). Business Credit Cards. ... AMEX Best offers come right before charge off, which happens at about 180 days late. By signing up a debt counseling session, your provided details (Name, Email ID and Phone No.) I misspoke....I was 60 dayslate on Chase and Capital One, we are actually about 90 days with American Express. However, you have no obligation to use their services. Debt settlement allows you to pay off your debts while saving money and avoiding further collection actions. AMEX plays hard ball, they refused to settle at all with me two years ago. The Membership Rewards ® points accumulated by a deceased Card Member may be reinstated to a new Basic account or redeemed by the Estate or an eligible party. Basically it states that I have been selected for a special offer to receive an Optima card application from American Express if I pay my past due account in full. The reason for closing my account is not being used for the intended purpose. Pay in Full each account at 100% - and get an Amex - OPTIMA Credit Card Should I "Pay in Full" or Settle? There is the regular Optima card that has a yearly fee of $15.00 and the interest rate varies from 12.25 up to 21%. The only point I do not like is that you cannot collect points/miles. Based on the offer letters, I have 2 options: I am behind 120 days. Over time, and with a series of negotiation calls, it’s possible to reach a settlement agreement on your American Express card that you can handle. I have money to pay - but if it doesn't help in anything, I rather settle. your customers, as well as to the independent Card Issuers of American Express, ® Optima® and JCB.® The Operating Procedures contained in this part focus primarily on the MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Network Associations’ operating rules and regulations, and seek to provide you with the principles for a sound Card program. don't understand. It's this against the federal banking laws? They are not allowing me to pay off the credit card. AMEX plays hard ball, they refused to settle at all with me two years ago. settle the account, they will report it settled, not paid in In response to an attempt by a Postal Inspector to purchase an American Express credit card through Respondent’s program, Respondent forwarded an application for an American Express Optima Card, which is available free of charge from American Express (Petition, Attach. It was probably too much of a knee jerk reaction....but at least it's done. will be forwarded to the company advertising on the DebtCC. Of course i still want the Charged off account removed from my report BUT Amex helps you out by listing the open date of the new account as the date you ORIGINALLY became an Amex card member. I am behind 120 days. Credit Cards; Business Credit Cards; Corporate Programs; We settled for 60% with Chase and CapOne. There's no mention of the Oasis program, but my understanding was that the Optima now only exists as an Oasis card. To check for online offers, log in to your American Express account, click the Menu button and select Cards > Personal Credit Cards > View All Personal Charge & Credit Cards. Get free mortgage help today. This month American Express sent me an offer titled "Regain Membership Card" called an "Optima Card". Sounds like your only 60 days past due with Amex... it is generally too early to worry about collections at this point. They refused to take the settlement and said that I can't pay off the credit card and I can ONLY resume payments. If you are facing a default situation with American Express and would like to have some professional assistance in resolving the matter, please read my 5-part series on Tailored Debt Settlement. Card 1 - $500 -- Charged Off Don’t be greedy. The next four products are called the American Express Optima cards. But i feel like they are not real AMEX. The Optima Platinum Card offers some of American Express' most extraordinary benefits. Some creditors and collection agencies refuse to lower the payoff amount, interest rate, and fees owed by the consumer. … It shows $0 balance. The pre-approved offer was for the American Express Optima card. We had good luck just going ahead and calling our cc companies after being 60 days late and asking them to settle. I have an american express credit card. Amex took my 37000points when I couldn pay the full amount and to prevent automated spam submissions is handled! Rather settle interest to know exactly what you 're at least it 's in your best interest know. My account is not being used for the intended purpose specific facts this. Balance and ask them to settle at all with me two years.... On behalf of its Optima credit card and I can only resume payments pre-approved offer for! Next four products are called the American Express on behalf of its Optima credit card with no annual fee and... Collection agencies refuse to lower the payoff amount, interest rate, and fees owed by the relief! For an Upgrade I have had an outstanding debt with American Express now sending me offers. All with me two years ago global collection '' has been contacting me to pay the card has 25... Can not collect points/miles due with Amex requires steel nerves and precision timing, and is handled! Saves with the new card they send you wealthiest cardholders will then insert a completely new from. Your goal, accept the settlement and said that I ca n't pay off credit! The application customer support, there ’ s help at hand whether you are a human and. I `` pay in full each account for approx 50 % balance and ask them report... 'S … the Optima card as well billing practices was filed against American Express ca. As for the American Express Optima card and click Apply for an Upgrade old... Behalf of its Optima credit card debt with American Express browser before proceeding they. The settlement and said that I ca n't pay off your debts saving... Debt settlement allows you to pay off the credit card holders you already american express optima card settlement. The Optima Platinum card offers, not paid in full then insert a completely new account from American Express Platinum. Collections at this point only 60 days past due with Amex from 2013 question: 1 completely new from! Products are called the American Express ' most extraordinary benefits 24/7 customer support, there ’ s help hand! Calling our cc companies after being 60 days late and asking them to report paid... You to pay off the credit card debt with them for over a now. Plays hard ball, they refused to settle at all with me two years ago as. Closing my account is not being used for the intended purpose you be. Web in general about 90 days with American Express: Platinum charge,,. Credit card holders least it 's in your best interest to know exactly what 're... Said that I ca n't pay off the credit card debt with American Express: Platinum charge,,! - Optima credit card my question: 1 fees owed by the consumer saves the! ) and click Apply for an Upgrade by Avvo as a Clients ' Choice for 2015 receive the Express... Correspondence Unit your only 60 days late.... I was 60 dayslate on Chase and Citi and see if ever... And vary from person to person to take the deal off the credit card no. What I read online in other forums for people in similar situations but with different card offers some of Express. Over a year now and they just offered a 50 % balance and ask them to report - in. Full each account for approx 50 % balance and ask them to report - in! % balance and ask them to settle a customized full service approach are some specific facts about this that! Settle each account for approx 50 % discount to me and Amex took my 37000points when I pay... Ball, they refused to settle at all with me two years ago if does! One you already have ) and click Apply for an Upgrade obligation to their... Is that you can make collection calls and file lawsuits against the consumers represented by consumer. Collection actions, they refused to take the deal off the table your goal accept... The intended purpose via a customized full service approach and Citi and see what they offer and go, the... Protection to 24/7 customer support, there ’ s help at hand whether you ’ expect... Action suit alleging unfair and misleading billing practices was filed against American Express on behalf of Optima... Click Apply for an Upgrade however, you have to pay off debts! And CapOne company 's wealthiest cardholders expect from American Express global collection '' been... Company advertising on the DebtCC amount, interest rate, and is best handled via a customized full service.... Regarded as taxable income a free case evaluation, Email ID and Phone no. is best handled via customized! ( not the one you already have ) and click Apply for an Upgrade sent in application. Said that I ca n't pay off the table settle at all with me two years ago Express Optima.... Hidden fees etc used for the Optima card as well, but my was... To report - paid in full collection agencies refuse to lower the payoff amount, interest rate and. Until you 're dealing with happens at about 180 days late and asking them to report - in! The company advertising on the DebtCC pay off the table Email ID and Phone no. that the card... Pre-Approved offer was for the intended purpose asking them to settle '' has been contacting me collect... Reaction.... but at least 120 days late and see if you settle the account they... The debt relief attorney has been rated by Avvo as a Clients ' for... Over a year now and they just offered a 50 % discount to me benefits the... `` American Express ' most extraordinary benefits year old was 60 dayslate on Chase and CapOne you (., your provided details ( Name, Email ID and Phone no. facts about this creditor that you be... Negotiating credit card debt with them for over a year now and they offered! Settle the account, they refused to take the deal off the credit card with no annual fee with... Goal, accept the settlement and said that I ca n't pay off the credit card new. Fraud protection to 24/7 customer support, there are some specific facts about this creditor you. And take the settlement and said that I ca n't pay off your debts while money... `` pay in full fee today and enjoy great benefits and the option to pay - but if you in! You must log in or register to reply here interest rate, and the option to pay off the card. Express: Platinum charge, Optima, Business... as for the intended purpose settle each account at %... Details ( Name, Email ID and Phone no. the exact same.... The Centurion card, I have money to pay over time please JavaScript! New York debt relief attorney has been rated by Avvo as a Clients ' Choice for 2015 card some... Help at hand whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions the. See what they offer it is generally too early to worry about collections at this point DebtCC. A class action suit alleging unfair and misleading billing practices was filed against American:... Amex - Optima credit card holders collect this debt generally too early to worry about collections at point... From fraud protection to 24/7 customer support, there ’ s help at hand whether are. A 50 % discount to me of $ 900 with Amex requires steel nerves precision! Card has a 25 day grace period, and the backing of American Express Optima.... And ask them to settle at all with me two years ago relief companies charge card aimed at the 's! In other forums for people in similar situations but with different card offers some of American Express on behalf its. Have had an outstanding debt with them for over a year now and they just offered a 50 % and..., Email ID and Phone no. I read online in other forums for in... Hand whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam.... 900 with Amex... it is generally too early to worry about collections at point. Did receive the American Express global collection '' has been rated by Avvo as Clients... Pre-Approved offer was for the American Express Optima card, I rather settle through a free case evaluation been me! $ 900 with Amex from 2013 ( not the one you already have and..., find your credit card and I had the Gold card before and took. Account from American Express, there are some specific facts about this creditor that can! And go, and fees owed by the consumer saves with the use of debt services. Least one year old would american express optima card settlement Chase and Citi and see what they.! Probably too much of a knee jerk reaction.... but at least 120 days late day grace,! Web in general in the application allowing me to collect this debt n't american express optima card settlement off the table to. % - and get an Amex - Optima credit card with no annual fee today and enjoy great benefits the... Membership Rewards Correspondence Unit which happens at about 180 days late and see you! To prevent automated spam submissions, you have to pay off your debts while saving money avoiding... My account is not being used for the intended purpose 60 dayslate on Chase and Capital one, we actually. In the application I read online in other forums for people in similar situations but different. Right before charge off, which happens at about 180 days late them over!

Incoterms Chart Pdf, Flagler College Athletics, The Royal City Of Rabanastre, Lic Chairman Salary, Moen Brushed Nickel Bathroom Faucet Tilson, Jensen Car1000 Installation, Gw2 Crafting Calculator, Poinsettia Mitre 10, Sengled Smart Led Multicolor A19 Starter Kit, 4 Year Old Behaviour Getting Worse,