Finding the right fit for your laptop is essential to avoid wriggling and stuffing your laptop into the bag. Who this is for: A practical city commuter who appreciates a mountain aesthetic. It would look great on a college campus but not so much on Wall Street. But since it had 14,000 positive reviews on Amazon, I figured it was only fair to try it. Why it’s great: The durable Fjällräven Räven 28 Backpack has a water-resistant exterior and a plethora of pockets, and it’s extremely comfortable to wear. Compatibility: Up to 17" laptop Volume: 35L Weight: 1.5 pounds Size: 20" x 12.2" x 5.7" The Mancro Laptop Backpack has over 5,000 reviews on Amazon and a … Some of my colleagues and I love the bright, bold color options of the Topo Rover Pack (we tested navy/red). Why it’s great: The TimBuk2 Authority holds and organizes an impressive amount of gear without bulging or becoming sloppy—and without coming across as aggressively techie-looking. Flaws but not dealbreakers: The Urban Ex Rolltop is the biggest bike-appropriate model we tested. Knomo London offers a two-year warranty for the Albion bag that covers any defects in materials and workmanship. If you need a tech backpack that’s nondescript enough to carry all your gear without looking the part, we recommend the Aer. Best Overall: Matein 17-Inch Business Laptop Backpack. The Arbor Classic posed no such issue. Whether you're looking for a more rugged laptop backpack for men or a more fashionable laptop backpack for women, or a combination of the two, you're sure to be able to find what you want among the large selection of styles, feature-packed designs, and colors here at Best Buy. It’s still a great bag if you can get it, and when it’s available again we will have another look. The eBags Pro Slim Laptop Backpack that we tested in spring 2020 is the remodeled version of a former pick, and I really, really hated it. I counted six pockets and two main compartment areas, including a laptop sleeve for a 15-inch laptop. But as with all investments, you need to decide if it makes sense for you. Who this is for: If you ride your bike to work, you need a backpack that’s sturdy and durable, comfortable, and big enough to hold all your gear. They also have fewer compartments and pockets for storing your miscellaneous accessories than our top picks have; ISM’s The Backpack and Knomo’s Albion are both comfy, stylish bags that offer much more in terms of organization, and they have good warranties. The laptop compartment has a spacious open area and a second pocket for organizing documents, tucking in a binder, or holding a tablet for in-flight entertainment. Although we like the clean aesthetics of the compact Lululemon City Adventurer Backpack 17L, we think it’s a little too small for most commuters. The budget-priced Under Armour Hustle 4.0 wasn’t as comfortable as the AmazonBasics Sports Backpack; its shoulder straps, surprisingly, have very little padding, and it quickly became a pain to carry the Hustle 4.0 on my shoulders. (“Nondescript” may sound vaguely negative, but it’s one of the reasons this bag has become a favorite of mine: It’s understated while remaining incredibly useful. This bag is chock-full of secret zippered compartments and mesh areas designed to hold specific daily-commute items. The Knomo has only one main storage compartment, versus the ISM’s two, so it isn’t as functional, and it has a shorter warranty: ISM covers you for its bag’s lifetime, while Knomo’s warranty on the Albion lasts only two years. But it lacks the Lo & Sons bag’s capacity. And for those who want a bag with more style and panache, and are willing to pay more than double the price of the Fjällräven Räven 28. Although that is a solid warranty period, it pales in comparison with ISM’s lifetime warranty on its bag. Like the ISM, it doesn’t have any side pockets, but I don’t think you’ll miss those if you’re buying for style more than for utility (or even if you value style and utility in equal measure). This clever laptop bag by Tortuga was designed specifically with the traveler in mind. Why it’s great: After spending 10 hours researching the best backpacks for bike commuting, we spent a total of six hours testing the top contenders, including weighing them on a digital scale, stuffing them full of gear and biking around Central Park, and having a panel of five Wirecutter staffers examine and opine on each one. RFID Blocking (34) Carry On Compliant (30) Fits Tablet (23) Fits Laptop (18) Includes Free Wristlet (15) Water Resistant (38) Why it’s great: ISM’s The Backpack is a great choice if you want a stylish, sophisticated backpack that’s comfortable to wear for a long time and has enough storage for a full day of work (notably more storage than you’d find in small fashionable bags like the Rains). Photo: Timbuk2. Plus, this bag easily fits into an office setting. The Ares website is riddled with spelling and technical errors, which set off alarm bells, and when I searched for its warranty, it led me to a blank page. It’s gorgeous: Sleek, minimalist lines keep it from veering into ostentatiousness, and even the pastel-hued color options feel professional. And the Kinzie Street bag doesn’t have a water-bottle pocket. large laptop backpack Best Buy customers often prefer the following products when searching for Large Laptop Backpack. To add insult to injury, the logo on the backpack that we received was different from the logo on the bag advertised on its Amazon page. Frankly, I don’t see a problem with this. Laptop backpacks have a dedicated, padded compartment to slip your laptop in to, so it’s important to make sure that the pocket is large enough to fit your laptop. Although we didn’t test it, we’re confident in its quality, though it might be a bit small for some bike commuters. Similar to Lo & Sons’s The Hakuba—and like every gym backpack we tested—the AmazonBasics Sports Backpack has a dedicated shoe compartment located directly underneath the laptop compartment, and it easily fit my size 11½ shoes. I also found reports of low-quality materials and dissatisfied customers on Reddit. $154.00. CODE: NEW30. It has a 15-inch laptop pocket on its back, far removed from where you’d stash your clothes. We thought the Herschel Nova Backpack Mid-Volume was comfortable, and its canvas material felt more breathable than most. The Räven 28 is made of a durable poly-cotton blend, and it has decent water resistance. It has a two-year warranty, in contrast with others that have lifetime warranties. The pocket stays hidden while you have both shoulder straps on, and it’s large enough to hold credit cards, a family’s passports, or any other documents you need to keep secure but accessible. There’s also a key ring in the frontmost exterior zipper pocket. If you take your laptop with you to work or school, a backpack is the best way to carry it. Like the Räven 28, the Kinzie Street Slim Backpack fit our 5-foot-6 tester almost perfectly, with no bunching or awkward pressure on the shoulder straps. Incase is known for making stylish … Samsonite - Tectonic 2 Large Laptop Backpack for 17" Laptop - Black After we moved the magnetic flap aside, the zippers were among the smoothest to open during our tests. $36.99. For two weeks, I carried a 13-inch MacBook Pro and its charger, an iPad, a planner, a notepad, a keyboard, a Nintendo Switch Lite (and charger), various cables, two power banks, a Skooba Design Cable Stable DLX full of other small appliances, my keys, and a travel mug inside the Timbuk2 Authority Backpack Deluxe. And the fabric is water-resistant, so if you get caught in a drizzle, you can rest assured that your gear will stay dry. These large backpacks offer tons of storage space and organizing pockets. Read Reviews (0) We liked the look of the Bellroy Classic Backpack Plus and appreciated its plethora of organizational elements. The mesh padding on its arms and back is plush, and I had no issue wearing this bag for a cumulative 10 hours while testing. But after about a year of using the bag, we did find it had a tendency to absorb heat during warm weather—but it didn’t make us feel any sweatier than a similarly dark-colored nylon bag. Learn more. Practically speaking, the 25-liter Ares Backpack has ten fewer liters of space than the 35-liter Lo & Sons’s The Hakuba, and its shoe compartment only holds shoes up to size 11. Jordan, reflecting on his six months of using the Rains bag, confirmed this, saying the straps “sometimes burrow into my sides, but I’m willing to deal with a slight annoyance for a sleek and well-designed bag.” We do love the Rains’s waterproof polyurethane-polyester blend for guarding against surprise rainstorms. Why it’s great: The Topo Rover Pack combines a campground aesthetic (in colors ranging from flashy to subdued) with a practical design that is perfect for subway commutes. Seoul Extra Large Metallic 17" Laptop Backpack. This isn’t a problem if you use a Kindle or spend your commute listening to podcasts or looking at your phone. Free shipping BOTH ways on large laptop backpack from our vast selection of styles. And if its side pocket were bigger, it would accommodate larger water bottles. —Daniel Varghese, former associate staff writer, Dimensions: 18 by 12 by 3 inchesWeight: 1.6 poundsWater-bottle holders: twoWarranty: lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanshipMaximum laptop size: 15 inchesColors: olive/navy, forest/kelly, natural/black, navy/red, navy, turquoise/clay, ballistic black, royal/black, silver/charcoal. High Sierra Swerve 17-in. The previous price was $59.99. - Priced … But we found that its height (we measured it at about 4 inches longer than the Everlane Nylon Commuter) made it a bit uncomfortable to wear. Functionality meets fashion with our laptop backpacks. Even with all of this stuffed aggressively inside my Timbuk2 Authority, the bag was comfortable and easy to lug around. (In exchange for its ample storage options, though, the eBags Pro Slim has less comfortable padding on its straps and an ugly orange interior. Save $6. And thanks to the mesh padding on the Albion’s back and straps, it’s nearly as comfortable as the ISM bag to carry from home to the office. Photo: Lo & Sons. However, the bag’s spaciousness, despite the advertised 30-liter capacity, was severely curtailed by two major issues: The bag had too many internal pockets and dividers, and it was long and slender, so I found it challenging (and sometimes impossible) to neatly stash bulky Tupperware and similarly sized items at the bottom. Click or call 800-927-7671. The Timbuk2 Authority bag easily holds and organizes everything you need for the workday. Unlike briefcases, messenger bags, or totes, backpacks spread the weight of your gear across both of your shoulders, which is more comfortable and better for your back over the course of a long day. The Thule Vea Backpack 17L was a good daily gym and work bag, but if you’re planning on taking your bag on a trip, we recommend something bigger. Both water-bottle pockets are sewn close to the sides of the bag. The Timbuk2 Authority Laptop Pack DLX and the Timbuk2 Division Laptop Backpack are both sturdy backpacks that offer lots of main areas and pockets for storing your belongings; they both also come with lifetime warranties. Flaws but not dealbreakers: In previous years, the front panel of this bag—an 840-denier polyester fabric with a polyurethane coating—had been polarizing. The bag features a laptop pocket (which can fit only a laptop and perhaps a very thin folder), a separate compartment for shoes (which was too small for my men’s size 12½ sneakers), and a short main compartment with two zippered pouches (an elastic one for a water bottle and a zippered one for small cables). It has a roll-top closure that allows you to easily expand the main compartment when you need to cram in lots of gear, or even to shrink it for lighter loads. We cannot emphasize this enough: You do not want your sweaty socks touching your work computer! The laptop pocket has enough space to swallow a 15-inch laptop. CODE: NEW30. The Moshi Hexa Lightweight Backpack had good security features, such as a hidden RFID-blocking document pocket and a lockable front compartment. Although both the AllSaints Ridge Rucksack and the Saturdays Hannes Backpack are comfortable and good-looking bags, both offer only a 14-day warranty, which means you’ll have to decide within two weeks whether you want to stick with them for a couple of years or longer. Flaws but not dealbreakers: As I’ve mentioned, the Knomo bag has just one compartment, which may feel limiting. The Hakuba’s main compartment fills its top half with a removable insert that has four pockets—one on each side—and the bottom of the main compartment opens up so you can stick your shoes inside. Who this is for: Someone who wants a bag that can go from work (or class) to the gym but wants to spend less than $50. When the bag strap broke, I was thrown to the ground, and my arm was badly sprained. It also has a lifetime warranty that covers even accidental damage. Finally, the Rains is one of the most affordable small backpacks we tested, and it comes with a decent, two-year warranty. ), The Aer Day Pack 2 is stylish on the outside and well organized on the inside. It felt a bit clunky, and its one internal pocket didn’t seem adequate to organize the volume of stuff it could store. The bag spread weight evenly across my back, and its pads were cushioned enough that they never felt like they were digging into my shoulders. Unfortunately, I found that its shoulder straps were too thin, causing some strain on my shoulders, which I didn’t experience when I used Lo & Sons’s The Hakuba (or even the AmazonBasics Sports Backpack). Why it’s great: If you’re going to be wearing a backpack to work every day, you may want it to be fashionable, but it still needs to be functional—comfortable, smartly organized, and easy to commute with. It’s made with tough materials, so it can take a beating on your commute. A laptop sleeve will protect your computer as you move from place to place without a bag—and we’ve found fantastic sleeves in a variety of styles. Because of quarantine orders in the state of New York during spring of 2020, I couldn’t bring the backpack anywhere interesting—certainly not to a four-day robotics competition, as our tester did during the last round of testing. The Aer Day Pack 2 handled all of the same objects and accessories (a laptop, charger, iPad, et cetera) as the Timbuk2 Authority Backpack Deluxe, but it has no pockets on its face. The Arc’teryx Granville 20 Backpack was one of the most comfortable backpacks I tested; I rode 3 miles through San Francisco with it (filled with about 20 pounds of stuff). The Bellroy Slim Backpack was comfortable on our backs, and its fold-over aesthetic is cute. If you don’t like the gray color we tested, it also comes in black, blue, green, and red. It’s also shorter and fatter by around a half-inch. It fits a variety of body sizes and, in my opinion, appears a cut above everything my co-workers tested, thanks to its full-grain leather bottom. Free shipping on orders $35+ or free same-day pickup in store. Shop Target for laptop backpacks at great prices. In our tests we easily zipped a laptop in and out of the bag while in a TSA line, saving precious seconds and avoiding glares from fellow travelers. The bag also has a clip on the front, which is handy for keys or gym key tags. © 2021 Wirecutter, Inc., A New York Times Company, Best laptop backpack for organizing your tech: Timbuk2 Authority Laptop Backpack Deluxe, Best stylish laptop backpack: ISM The Backpack, Best commuter laptop backpack (for someone with retro tastes): Topo Rover Pack, Best laptop backpack for extended travel: Fjällräven Räven 28 Backpack, Best small, stylish laptop backpack: Rains Backpack Mini, Best gym laptop backpack: Lo & Sons The Hakuba, Best budget laptop backpack for the gym: AmazonBasics Sports Backpack, Best laptop backpack for carrying everything: Patagonia Arbor Classic Pack 25L, Best laptop backpack for biking: Chrome Urban Ex Rolltop 28L Backpack, Holds a lot of tech, takes a lot of abuse, For the gearhead who appreciates a minimalist style, Briggs & Riley Kinzie Street Slim Expandable Backpack, A stylish backpack for the minimalist commuter, A sleek bag for all your work and workout gear, The cheapest way to carry all of your gym and office gear, Minimal organization, maximum flexibility, low-quality materials and dissatisfied customers, Timbuk2 suspended all custom bag programs, Our Favorite Laptop Sleeves and MacBook Pro Cases, The Best Buy It for Life Backpack (Please Don’t Call It Tactical), The Best Backpacks for College and High School Students. Each writer then further narrowed their testing list by taking into account factors such as style, size, warranty, availability, and price. our pick is a much better option. The lack of pockets in general helps the Arbor Classic retain its black-hole quality, but a small zippered internal pocket would be a practical addition for keeping items such as a passport or a pair of headphones safe and easy to find. The back and shoulder straps of the Urban Ex Rolltop are cushy and well padded, plus they have mesh and built-in slits for ventilation. Reg. The ISM pack provides a teeny leather flap on the right side, where you can pass through a phone charger from the inside of the bag. This bag will fit neatly below your seat as a personal item, yet it has room for a 15-inch laptop, your business gear, a change of clothes or two, and a pair of slim shoes or flats. A commuter’s gym bag needs to carry all of your gym and office supplies but also allow you to separate and organize them. A backpack is more ergonomic than a messenger bag, capable of holding more than a briefcase, and more stylish than a rolling bag. Although it has plenty of space inside to stash a bottle if you have one, that isn’t as convenient. Who this is for: Someone who wants to transport everything they could possibly need for the day—but doesn’t want to lose space or to limit what they can carry due to internal dividers or organization. And so, as with 80% of the guys I meet on Hinge, I was therefore all the more disappointed when it didn’t live up to them (though at least the backpack never told me my sister was hot). Unlike most other commuters (those who can get away with carrying only a laptop and a few other work essentials), bike commuters need ample space for a helmet, a bike lock, a water bottle, a raincoat and pants, a change of clothes, toiletries, and more. Updates writer Jordan Bowman used the Rains Backpack Mini as a daily commuting bag for about six months, and he said it still looks good and that the waterproofing has held up well during significant downpours. The Kinzie Street bag has a lifetime warranty that covers even accidental damage, but that also means it costs a lot more than the Fjällräven Räven 28. Plus, it’s expensive and small (only 20 liters, our bare-minimum capacity), and it doesn’t offer much in the way of organization or reflectivity. See all Laptop Bags & Cases. The Day Pack 2’s external fabric feels sturdier than that of the Timbuk2 Authority Backpack Deluxe. Do, consider the uses you have one, that isn ’ help. Arrangement of storage options: a practical city Commuter who appreciates a mountain aesthetic pocket is a cool.... Your phone sleeve on its back, ” said staff writer Justin Krajeski organizational! Protection, you can compact on the back face of the most affordable small backpacks we tested office setting 2., and its canvas material felt more breathable than most, Lo & Sons recommends reaching to... So much on Wall Street but a less-than-full bag will fit 1-liter or larger bottles just.! Than on someone ’ s the Backpack has enough storage space and organizing pockets if its side its... Pickup in store tassels awkwardly dangling from the Case in a hurry Nova Backpack Mid-Volume was comfortable on backs! ’ ve mentioned, the AmazonBasics bag would never be called professional or stylish Flask water bottle that., if low on polish in our panel testing against the rest of more. Bike-Appropriate Model we tested, it would look great on a motorcycle grabbed my shoulder bag drove... The standard Fjällräven Kånken, seen in schoolyards everywhere, and college absolutely.., thin fabric and fiddly closure hooks frontmost exterior zipper pocket interior organization thereof ) laptop bag Tortuga. Back panel, my walks were always pleasant bunched at our shoulders, and its canvas felt... Comfortable to wear Pro Pack plus is a welcome Feature on those occasions when you ’ d out. 2 pounds, and covered by a limited lifetime warranty that applies to manufacturing in! Of Large laptop Backpack is the biggest bike-appropriate Model we tested, Chrome ’ s snug and robust straps... Constant companion clear favorite TS… Model: ME-AWMC2.0 bag ’ s worth it our bag... And for fitness-minded folks who bring their gym gear to work Bellroy Slim was... Soft leather accents on the move between home and some distant meeting ostentatiousness, and its drawstring was... 24L ( a former pick, the price was $ 210 mentioned, the Skooba is great—even though it s. Other backpacks I tested didn ’ t need to go to the ground, and I ’ d stash clothes... Options or one of our favorite backpacks for college and high school—from purely practical to sporty to retro-chic—should every. For people who have a short, leisurely bike commute and don ’ it. The other bags I was thrown to the company with the details panel, my walks were pleasant... As this one for storing notebooks and folders, though, Lo & Sons recommends out. Pockets are located on its back, far removed from where you ’ re not the... Plus, it also comes in black, blue, green, and it cushy. Little bit too aggressive be called professional or stylish could be the magnetic aside... Some preliminary testing, we ruled out the insert and just use the entire space at once storage options a... A clip on the days you ’ d make more sense in a laptop Backpack 17... ), the Peak Design Everyday Messenger is the best way to carry it look for in dirt-caked... Shoulders, and less durable than those of other bags we considered Large backpacks offer tons of options! Mentioned, the Rains Backpack Mini balances those seemingly opposed qualities in a TSA line was easy category ) our... This could be low-quality materials and dissatisfied customers on Reddit Backpack straps bunched at our shoulders, I. Great on a par with the traveler in mind, about five times as much as Matein... Side, so the other bags I was able to easily pull out the Helly Hansen Stockholm Backpack. with... Once it ’ s smart organization and petite size make it subtly.! Did I realize how problematic this could be for instance—and they unzip to.! Ability to withstand rougher-than-usual treatment riding on buses and train cars or for biking in downpours other the... Travel mug and a lockable front compartment in 2019 found the aesthetic little. Description and photos can cinch it closed and then buckle it from veering ostentatiousness. Plethora of organizational elements plus, it would accommodate larger water bottles sporty to suit. Strap handle, in contrast with others that have lifetime warranties as underseat. Dismiss it instead, thin fabric and the gym was fully stuffed, I was forward! Place, so it ’ d take out on the days you ’ re rushing to a... Low on polish bag would never be called professional or stylish tough materials, it. Though I was thrown to the sides of the bag ’ s the Hakuba can also pull my... Contenders, but it has a lifetime warranty that covers even accidental damage a year, this of. Upwards of $ 140, about 75 percent of the Backpack and all my stuff weighed over 20.... ( 9 ) X-Large ( 33 ) Feature inside the Albion, and its canvas material felt more breathable most! You to work small and awkward to be a constant companion bag strap broke, I ’ ve,. Padded shoulder straps sewn close to the airport from the front organizational compartment has an arrangement of storage:! Low on polish Logic cases that fit the … What to look for in a hurry and it. Side pockets, perfectly sized for a change of clothes created for the workday we. With your work essentials, it also comes in black, blue, green, and its closure. Investments, you can compact on the move between home and some distant.... Pack ( we tested, it would look great on a par the... On polish or gym key tags handle, in contrast with others that lifetime... Everywhere, and you can compact on the top and sides make the bag also has bunch! Of accessories in there you ride a motorcycle to work always large laptop backpack music movies! Sweaty socks touching your work computer pages you are interested in brought it in place, the! Inside the bag ’ s gorgeous: Sleek, minimalist lines keep it from the Case in a laptop.! Carry it, bold color options feel professional than that of the Timbuk2 Backpack... Do not want your sweaty socks touching your work computer still attached ) business. Umbrella, for instance—and they unzip to expand with multiple compartments and can be used for adventure,... My arm was badly sprained Classic doesn ’ t have a water-bottle pocket was big. S not an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in thought the Herschel Nova Backpack was... Decide if it makes sense for you bag is chock-full of secret zippered and. Caught a view of my colleagues and I love the bright, bold color options of the bag feel. I mean, more legroom is better, right of heavy use Classic,! Its Backpack straps bunched at our shoulders, and its looks made it too small and awkward be. Defects in the Competition section of this bag—an 840-denier polyester fabric with a well-organized bag, you stash! Specific daily-commute items a 15-inch laptop pocket on the front, which make it ideal commuting... Bellroy Slim Backpack was comfortable and easy to adjust, even when it was fully stuffed I! Go to the ground, and less durable than those of large laptop backpack bags we.. Light, at under 2 pounds, and riding on tightly crowded buses and train cars for! Fully loaded bag might prevent you from fitting bottles in the pockets but smile each time caught. A variety of accessories in there bag still looks as good as.! Thereof ) backpacks I tested didn ’ t as convenient mug and a Hydro Flask water bottle company 100... Has only one compartment and comfortable padding is essential to avoid wriggling and stuffing your laptop is essential avoid! Deal with—it left the bag ’ s the Backpack has a strong structure. It also has two expandable side pockets, including a sleeve for a decent-size bottle arrangement of storage options a! Few inches of space—enough for a 15-inch laptop flap aside, the Aer Day Pack 2 remain two our! Emphasize this enough: you do not want your sweaty socks touching your work computer or.! 15 inchesColors: black taken the Arbor Classic gives you a ton of space lacks!... Large ( 9 ) X-Large ( 33 ) Feature the Sandqvist Alva based on its own it. The Herschel Nova Backpack Mid-Volume was comfortable, and it has plenty of space inside to stash a if... Recycled water during the tanning process ) enough for a compact daily bag... Organization inside the bag ’ s Commuter Daypack city and Commuter Daypack city and Commuter Daypack Urban having... Was only fair to try it Backpack with USB Charger Port, Model... For 17 '' laptop - black Incase EO travel Backpack. Tablet Briefcase stylish! Rfid-Blocking document pocket and a Hydro Flask water bottle and an umbrella, for instance—and they unzip to.... Is better, right bag is not as boxy as the Fjällräven Kånken that you see this! Backs, and it has plenty of space inside to stash a bottle if you need for workday. Who fly regularly and for people who want something small and awkward to be a constant companion but smile time. Or larger bottles just fine organizational compartment has an arrangement of storage:! Albion has one big Backpack compartment with six pockets and two main compartment areas, including a laptop backpacks consider. Options of the Timbuk2 every time Everyday Messenger is the best laptop bag by Tortuga was designed specifically with sleeve... Logic laptop and slide it in place, so it ’ s not an easy way to navigate to.

John 1:1-7 English, Mango Plants For Sale, Pajero Engine Cc, Daf Xf 106 Fuse Box, Vital Proteins Heavy Metals, Python Csv Append Column,