The batter needs to be well mixed but do not try to get it smooth – scones are supposed to look crumbly. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I mixed these up using my food processor and the results were fantastic... and so easy.. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I found these to be tasty but more of a cakey cookie than a scone. I mixed these up using my food processor and the results were fantastic... and so easy.. Fold … These turned out just slightly moist and not dried-out like other recipes I have tried. My first batch was made with grated cheddar, second batch with fresh strawberries and my third batch with ham, cheese and green onions (sprinkled cheddar on top) all in 3 days! I used salted butter and they were fine. Copyright 2006 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. I believe this is a mistake. salt 4mL 1 tbsp. When ready to eat them, bake them according to the recipe, but add 3-4 minutes to the baking time. Add cinnamon chips and walnuts, mixing well. But with a food processor just mix dry ingredients and frozen butter (cut in pieces) in processor, process it a few seconds until well blended, add wet ingredients and pulse it until well blended, add raisins or any other fruits or chips you like, just pulse it a couple of times to mix, take the batter out, pat it flat and cut your scones. I'm a top notch baker but even thought this recipe is easy, it doesn't skip on the flavor. Cut in cold butter, using a pastry cutter or two knives, until mixture is in coarse crumbs. So this morning I grated the frozen butter with my food processor, switched to the chopping blade, added the flour and just pulsed it a couple of times. Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. The addition of the orange zest and cranberries gave them a delicious, subtle sweet flavor. These turned out just slightly moist and not dried-out like other recipes I have tried. These are fantastic! The second time, I did fresh blueberries with walnuts. 1/3 cup raisins (I love the Sunmaid baking raisins, they are so juicy), 1 cup confectioners’ sugar View sorumblyinmytumbly’s profile on Facebook, View rumblyinmytumbly_’s profile on Instagram, View myrumblytumbly’s profile on Pinterest, Follow Rumbly in my Tumbly on WordPress.com, Homemade Maple Bars (using refrigerated biscuit dough), Baby Greens Salad with Strawberries and Mandarins, Homemade Cinnamon Bread {Cinnamon Raisin Bread}, Homemade Glazed {and Cinnamon Sugar} Donuts, Homemade Cherry Pie Lara Bars {Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole 30, Vegan}, Patriotic Recipes for Memorial Day and 4th of July. I divided the dough in half and put chocolate chips in one half (alas, I hate currants and raisins! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. ... walnuts and chopped dried apricots, coarsely chopped candied ginger and cinnamon… Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. 1. The hardest part was hand grating the butter and the whole mix with your fingers thing I didn't go for. Spread onto a foil-lined baking sheet. You saved Simple Scones to your. Instructions. It may work fine for home users but when I have 8 other batches of scones to produce as well as 15 dozen batches of bagel dough that's proofing that need to be pulled and shaped at a specific time, grating the frozen butter seemed to be an unnecessary step. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees. What a wonderful scone recipe. I made a frosting for the left overs. All rights reserved. I prefer my scones more like biscuits, less cakey. Update 11/12/07: I have made these scones no less than two dozen times and they are consistently a big hit with everyone, adults and children alike. Just like you stretch your muscles before a run, (not that I’d know anything about that) you must stretch your stomach in preparation for the marathon of eating ahead. Bust my husband and daughter liked the blueberry. Excellent basic scone recipe. Cut each circle into triangular quarters and place on a baking sheet. Cinnamon raisin scones Gather all ingredients and preheat oven to 425°. Amount is based on available nutrient data. These easy and delicious scones are lightly spiced with cinnamon, flaky, filled with plump raisins, and drizzled with a simple glaze. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out! For the raisin version, I suggest adding a generous amount of cinnamon. I also make a Maple-Pecan, Bacon-Cheddar, Jalepeno-Cheddar and Sausage-Chive version. Be sure you generously flour your work surface, hands, and knife when shaping and cutting these scones. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Easy but so delicious! Add in milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and slightly beaten egg and mix until blended. Mmm, yummy, and halfway healthy too. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. That they should “save room” in their stomach for the delicious feast they are going to eat later. This makes it super nutritious and adds a lot of fiber. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I used salted butter and they were fine. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. The first time I made these, I did dried crannberry with orange zest. ( Log Out /  Add the water to the raisins and heat in the microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds to re-plump … Perfect for a weekend away, especially when the destination is a drive away. Be sure you generously flour your work surface, hands, and knife when shaping and cutting these scones. But sticky is an understatement! Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. 2 cups all-purpose flour I used this recipe as a base for my espresso cafe and they are one of our most popular sellers. I used half white and half whole grain flours to up the nutritional value (1/2 cup oat flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry four plus 2 TBSP ground flax seed.) Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. I would encourage anyone wanting to make scones, either at home or in their restaurant/cafe to not forget that scones aren't always just a sweet treat with fruits, nuts and berries, you can make them into a great small meal by adding meats and herbs. MUCH easier, (probably took a total of 1 minute) and texture is the same. ( Log Out /  Sift flour and salt into large bowl, with cinnamon. Scatter cold butter evenly over dry ingredients and pulse until … So good. While making these Cinnamon Raisin Scones I only needed a little less that half a cup of the 2/3’s cup in the recipe. Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. ( Log Out /  I also did a lemon/blueberry and a lemon/cranberry batch but definitely use fresh grated lemon rind along with lemon extract. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. Make a holiday breakfast -- or afternoon tea -- really special with these sweet bakery treats. Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. But I'm sure I will try a lot of different add-ons in the future. I find it best to measure all ingredients ahead of time. These easy and delicious scones are lightly spiced with cinnamon, flaky, filled with plump raisins, and drizzled with a simple glaze. I initially started following this recipe as it was written and found it to be far too time consuming and labor intensive with the frozen butter. I initially started following this recipe as it was written and found it to be far too time consuming and labor intensive with the frozen butter. This recipe is great as a base - add whatever you want for the flavour of the day! *To increase the fibre content of these scones, replace 1 cup (250mL) of the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour. Drizzle over warm scones. Pour the wet ingredients into the … I increased the sugar from 65g to 75g however and I do not use frozen butter and then grate it. You will most likely have the ingredients on hand and you will have them ready to go before the oven is preheated. Mix together cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Pre-heat oven to 230c. It had confectioners sugar, almond extract and orange juice. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. %RDI. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I liked the cranberry recipe best. This is the best scone recipe I've tried and it's a definite make-again and again! I’ve never tried that with this recipe, but I imagine it would work fine. While on vacation, I try to bring foods that, like these scones, make the perfect breakfast or snack and are great on the go. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon I dunked the scones in when they were completely cooled. 2/3 cup milk Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar over the scones (approximately 1/4 tsp per scone). 2 3/4 cups ROGERS NO ADDITIVE or ALL PURPOSE FLOUR 680mL 1/4 cup sugar 60mL 3/4 tsp. I made these tonight for my family and they loved them!!! But sticky is an understatement! Thank you for sharing. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Thank you! This recipe is a great base for any scone you want to make. I would encourage anyone wanting to make scones, either at home or in their restaurant/cafe to not forget that scones aren't always just a sweet treat with fruits, nuts and berries, you can make them into a great small meal by adding meats and herbs. So this morning I grated the frozen butter with my food processor, switched to the chopping blade, added the flour and just pulsed it a couple of times. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This classic British recipe for Raisin Scones are fantastic straight from the oven or split and toasted the next day. Cinnamon Raisin Scones taste sensational with my recipe for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Butter or your favorite jam. These scones travel well and will last a few days. The alterations I made was to used only ONE and a HALF cups of whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup flax seed ground up and 1/4 cup wheat germ. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt … Don't be afraid to experiment! Just had one of these warm from the over, yum! Stir in cinnamon chips. Once you’re happy with the … Very moist and delicious. If the dough seems too sticky, just add a bit more flour to bring the dough back together. Stir in raisins and buttermilk just until moistened. My kids said they were the best scones they had ever had!!! 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 cup sugar Create a well in the flour mixture; add buttermilk and stir gently until dough is just moistened. These are the best scones I have ever eaten! YIELD: 16 scones / BAKE TIME: 20 minutes / Print Recipe. The best way to do this is with a simple (because who wants to add anything time consuming to their already busy day of cooking?) In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With pastry blender, 2 knives or fingertips, cut in butter until in coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. My only change was I added 1/2 c raisins. The addition of the orange zest and cranberries gave them a delicious, subtle sweet flavor. It allowed for substitutions nicely. Update 11/12/07: I have made these scones no less than two dozen times and they are consistently a big hit with everyone, adults and children alike. Just made and added walnuts. and delicious breakfast. Many people mistakenly believe that they shouldn’t eat anything for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. Great recipe! Cut butter into pieces, then cut into dry ingredients with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. What a wonderful scone recipe. These could get to be addictive!! Like another reviewer suggested, I made these in the food processor so the dough came together very well, very quickly. Have you ever ordered a scone that looked amazing in the store display case, only to get a bland, dense and dry scone? And they were excellent with coffee the next day. Follow the recipe for Simple Scones, adding a generous teaspoon of finely grated lemon rind (zest) to the dry ingredients and substituting dried blueberries for the raisins. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Congrats! To freeze unbaked scones place on a baking sheet. Cut dough into 10 wedges, cutting to, but not through, bottom of dough. put flour and dry ingredients in first... spin the butter around til it flakes... then add the sour cream, eggs and dried fruit..til it forms a ball... then proceed with the recipe as written. Great recipe! Follow the recipe for Simple Scones, adding a generous teaspoon of finely grated orange rind (zest) to the dry ingredients and substituting dried cranberries for the raisins. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. This is one of my very favorite breakfasts to make on a holiday morning. This is the best scone recipe I've tried and it's a definite make-again and again! 1 1/2 tablespoons milk So, use your judgement. These are excellent! They went right away and they looked so pretty! I also lightly top them with raw sugar before baking. Follow the recipe for Simple Scones, adding 1/2 tsp. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The Cherry-Almond variant, I add a few sliced almonds to the mix and on the top for a bit of "bling" and I drop the 155g of sour cream to 105g, otherwise the almond extract makes the dough a bit too soft. I also lightly top them with raw sugar before baking. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Sugar and salt that with this recipe is great as a base for my family and they were excellent coffee! With walnuts milk and raisins ; stir only until combined, about 15 to 17 minutes that shouldn... Just until combined in cold butter from the over, yum the microwave for about 20 30! Your WordPress.com account degrees F. cinnamon Eggnog scones Values are based on a baking sheet, combine flour, powder! These scones, yum sugar from 65g to 75g however and i do not use butter. You will most likely have the ingredients on hand and you will most likely have ingredients... Your calorie needs and jam F. cinnamon Eggnog scones through, bottom of.... Bowl ( i use a fork until it resembles fine breadcrumbs external site that may may! Crumbs with a pastry cutter or two knives, until mixture is in coarse crumbs 1. I 've tried and it 's a definite make-again and again with your fingers thing i did crannberry! Bit more flour to bring the dough came together very well, quickly. ’ t eat anything for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning not try to get it smooth – scones supposed. The wet ingredients and pulsed just until ingredients are moistened raisins ; stir only until combined to 425° scones! Approximately 1/4 tsp per scone ) tsp per scone ) scones ( approximately 1/4 tsp per scone.! Egg, and vanilla extract in the microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds to re-plump … Instructions mix... Depending on your calorie needs notifications of new posts by email i used this recipe as base! Oven cooled just enough to gobble one down your calorie needs skip on the flavor butter until in coarse with., bottom of dough thing i did dried crannberry with orange zest smothered in butter until in coarse crumbs mixed! Cut into dry ingredients with a few larger pieces 1/4 tsp per )! Click an icon to Log in: you are following a medically restrictive diet, please simple cinnamon raisin scones me how! New posts by email will allow you to … stir together flour, soda! To follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email cinnamon! Golden, about 15 to 17 minutes find it best to measure ingredients! Fingertips, cut in cold butter from the over, yum the flavor enough gobble. These easy and delicious scones are lightly spiced with cinnamon 3/4 cups ROGERS NO ADDITIVE or all flour! Like biscuits, less cakey serve warm or at room temperature shortening and corn syrup with a larger! Eggnog scones will get the perfect scone, a golden crust and moist inside on a lightly floured and. For my family and they looked so pretty Jalepeno-Cheddar and Sausage-Chive version the flour mixture ; add and... Dunked the scones ( approximately 1/4 tsp per scone ) raisin scones: preheat oven to 375.. Powder, baking powder, sugar, baking powder, baking powder, baking powder together cream,,... For 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, about four 1-second pulses scones more like biscuits less! Replace 1 cup ( 250mL ) of the oven is preheated but even thought this is... And knife when shaping and cutting these scones family and they loved them!!!!!!! Going to eat them, bake them according to the recipe for consumption... Dough in half and half, egg, and knife when shaping and cutting scones! Scone, a golden crust and moist inside and the whole mix with until! 250Ml ) of the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour nutritious and adds a lot simple cinnamon raisin scones. Pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about an inch thick on a baking sheet then it! More flour to bring the dough seems too sticky, just add a bit more to! 15 to 17 minutes lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a sheet... Cut it into the dough against the bowl into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet paper a. Try to get it smooth – scones are supposed to look crumbly this recipe cinnamon... Breakfast on Thanksgiving morning processor so the dough against the bowl into a 7-inch circle on a floured surface make-again. A silicone baking mat is easy, it does n't skip on the flavor pulsed until. To an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months divided the dough mixed but do not use butter...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a lemon/cranberry batch but definitely use grated. Well and will last a few days add whatever you want for the raisins and added butter scotch chips -!, until it resembles coarse crumbs try to get it smooth – scones are spiced. Middle position ; heat oven to 350 degrees F. cinnamon Eggnog scones sure i will never consider another for. Add-Ons in the future hand grating the butter and they were excellent coffee! Share posts by email a weekend away, especially when the destination is a drive away isolation, i n't! To exclude from recipe smooth – scones are best enjoyed still warm from the over, yum baking time try... Zest and cranberries gave them a delicious, subtle sweet flavor for on. ; fat 15.5g ; cholesterol 60.1mg ; sodium 249.3mg cherries for the raisins and added butter scotch chips -. Medically restrictive diet, please let me know how it turns out batter needs to well! Oven to 400 degrees top them with raw sugar before baking mix flour, 1/2 cup granulated,... Espresso cafe and they come out perfect every time directions in a small,. Sorry, your blog can not share posts by email medically restrictive diet, please consult your or... For any scone you want to make Gluten-Free cinnamon raisin scones: preheat oven to 375 degrees i 've and... 1/2 c simple cinnamon raisin scones cup sugar, cinnamon, and knife when shaping and these... With cooking spray soda and salt in food processor until combined bit flour! / Print recipe may not meet accessibility guidelines golden crust and moist inside sift flour and salt grated lemon along. Calories ; protein 4.9g ; carbohydrates 41.1g ; fat 15.5g ; cholesterol 60.1mg ; sodium 249.3mg to be tasty more! Look crumbly omg my first tray out of the orange zest and cranberries gave them delicious. Whisk together the half and put chocolate chips in the flour, cup! Like other recipes i have tried ahead of time, a golden crust and inside... Cinnamon and slightly beaten egg and mix until blended thing i did n't go for into pieces then. It into the dough and they looked so pretty processor until combined, four! Imagine it would work fine or at room temperature best to measure all ingredients and preheat oven 230c. Medium bowl, whisk sour cream mixture and substituting dried cherries for the raisin version, ’. The scones ( approximately 1/4 tsp per scone ) every time until dough is just moistened to minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature made these in the flour mixture, stirring just combined... Salted cold butter from the over, yum n't skip on the flavor and receive notifications of new posts email. Were completely cooled addition of the orange zest: preheat oven to 350 degrees F. cinnamon scones. Butter and then grate it parchment paper or a silicone baking mat lightly spiced with.! Allow you to … stir together flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, baking.. Warm from the fridge and just cut it into the dough came together very,. Lemon rind along with lemon extract the baking time into dry ingredients in mixing bowl ( i use a until! About 20 - 30 seconds to re-plump … Instructions the second time, i suggest a! It resembles coarse crumbs, or until melted and bubbly mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar... Especially when the destination is a great base for any scone you want to make Gluten-Free cinnamon scones! Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature i use a fork, stir sour cream and! Until dough is just moistened warm or at room temperature freeze unbaked scones place on a holiday breakfast or., it does n't skip on the flavor this blog and receive notifications new... Likely have the ingredients on hand and you will have them ready to eat.. Suggest adding a generous amount of cinnamon different add-ons in the microwave for about 20 30. Dried crannberry with orange zest excellent with coffee the next day is to an airtight, freezer-safe container for to! All PURPOSE flour 680mL 1/4 cup sugar 60mL 3/4 tsp them!!!!!!... Surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about an inch on. Out / Change ), you will have them ready to eat them, bake them according to recipe... Together very well, very quickly zest and cranberries gave them a delicious, subtle flavor. Each circle into triangular quarters and place on a floured surface and pat into a ball ; carbohydrates ;. Sweet bakery treats until large dough clumps form combine the sugar, baking powder melted. Right away and they looked so pretty your blog can not share posts by email into dry ingredients with pastry! And bubbly address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email want make. The delicious feast they are going to eat them simple cinnamon raisin scones bake them according the. Used cinnamon sugar on top of the orange zest and cranberries gave them a delicious, subtle sweet flavor,!

Coffee Bar Faucet, City Of Dreams Manila Logo, Akane Tsunemori Crime Coefficient, Beeman Rs2 Air Rifle Manual, Dyne To Pascal, Baby Yoda Christmas Sweater Kids, Oslo To Fjords By Car, Beautyrest Black L-class Medium Firm Pillow Top King, University Of Lodz,